EMR Project Manager
Susan L. Curtis, MA is
the Project Manager of the Electronic Medical Record system for the MSU HealthTeam. In this role, she is charged to:
- Lead cross-functional teams to evaluate, plan, implement, support and manage the deployment of EMR systems throughout the MSU HealthTeam.
- Conduct and maintain the EMR project plan and all related tasks.
- Coordinate task, time, scope, resources and budget management.
- Educate and train clinicians and staff on EMR applications.
- Facilitate on-going training support.
- Collect necessary input from end users on different or new scope requirements.
- Conduct product demonstrations, clinic walkthroughs, and other support activities.
- Initiate clinical activities required to implement and sustain EMR systems.
- Consults and assists with process evaluations and workflow redesign efforts
- Coordinates clinical content customization
- Delivers training to end-users.
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- BA, Elementary Education, 1972
- MA, 1985
Clinical Operations Administrator and Systems Manager, Department of Family Practice, MSU (1986-2002)
- Performed long and short-term planning, monitoring and reporting fiscal and productivity activity of the Division of Clinical Services.
- Managed business operations of the Clinical Services Division including managed care, billing and collecting and accounts receivable.
- Developed systems to monitor data regarding health care providers and systems for Clinical Services
- Supervised front office, referral and billing staff for Family Practice ambulatory care clinic.
- Developed training materials for clinical applications and provided in-services for MSU affiliated Family Practice Residency programs throughout the State of Michigan.
- Administered and implemented pilot electronic medical record project for Department of Family Practice and MSU HealthTeam (2000-2002).
Manager of Computer Operations , Department of Family Practice, MSU (1986-2002)
- Coordinate computer systems, hardware and software needs for the department.
- Provide expertise, technical support and training to department faculty and staff .
Assistant to the Director of Sports Medicine and Director of Research , Department of Family Practice, MSU (1981 - 1986)
- Assisted in the design, development and implementation of the Sports/Athletic Medicine division at MSU.
- Created operating policies and procedures manuals for the Sports Medicine Division and for care of MSU athletes.
- Assisted with writing contracts between the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Sports Medicine.
- Developed systems, procedures and evaluation methods for the primary care sports medicine undergraduate and fellowship curriculum.
- Coordinated research projects in adolescent and primary care medicine.
- Developed and implemented computerized curricular evaluation procedures for medical education.
- Coordinated the Family Practice Ambulatory Care Clerkship.
- Supervised undergraduate and graduate medical students working on departmental research projects.
Admissions Assistant , Office of Admissions and Scholarships, MSU (1979-1981)
- Analyzed undergraduate and graduate applications for admissions to the University.
- Evaluated college transcripts from US and foreign universities and prepared credit evaluations.
- Advised students and faculty, both internally and externally, about University policies and course equivalencies.
- Directed, developed and implemented the operation of a computerized word-processing system for the Admissions Office.
- Developed and revised processing and evaluation procedures.
Substitute Teacher , Waverly School District and Greater Lansing Area, Lansing, MI (1973-1979)
- Taught elementary and secondary classes consisting of students from all social, multi-economic areas and ethnic groups in the greater Lansing community. Tutored inner-city students.
- Taught special education, bilingual and handicapped classes in addition to the core curriculum and fine arts.
Driver and Vehicle Record Evaluator, Communications Division, Michigan Department of State, Lansing, MI (1968 – 1977)
- Evaluated driver and vehicle records for dissemination to law enforcement agencies throughout the United States.
- Determined legality and validity of request for information. (Part-time and full-time concurrent with undergraduate studies and substitute teaching).
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)
- Chair, Mayor’s Neighborhood Advisory Board, City of Lansing 1992-Present
- University United Methodist Church, East Lansing MI – Building Committee; Chair, Higher Education/Campus Ministries; Chair, Special Gifts; Staff Parish Relations Committee
- Stephen Minister, University United Methodist Church, East Lansing MI
- Member, Celebration Ringers, English Handball Choir
- Covenant Community, Adrian MI
- Past President, MSU Women’s Sports Booster Club
- Past Chair, MSU Women’s Athletes Awards Committee
- Past Chair, MSU Women’s Athletics Fundraising Committee
A118 Clinical Center
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824
517 432-4774 (Fax)